Thursday, January 21, 2016

no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Thursday, 01/21/16, 4:27pm

This is going to be (or at least start out as) an angry, swear-filled post. Because I want to just swear and scream at my children right now, so instead it's going into the blog.

WTF. What. The. Fuck. Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

RG is on a rampage because I "refused to let us play video games" at the f'ing play date this afternoon after I made them read for 20 minutes. In fairness I had said that they could play if they read. But then they couldn't all decide on a game to play. They were offering something up where RG and TK would play one game off the XBox while the friend would play a different game on my Chromebook. It's a f'ing play date. They really should be playing together, not playing video games anyway. I was ok with them playing a game together or taking turns on a game, but I drew the line at playing different games separately from eachother. Anyway, they wouldn't agree on a game that fit my terms and they ran outta time before the kid's mom was going to pick him up.

Ugh. So now RG is still mad and still arguing with me about it, an hour later, and I continually tell him not to argue with me anymore about it. I took away screens for the rest of the night. I said that next time they ask me for a play date, I'll say no. I know, taking things away doesn't help. But I don't exactly have my right mind when my child won't stop arguing with me. And it seems like there should be consequences for that anyway. Argh argh argh argh argh.

I locked myself in my room to cool off and blog and so far it is working. But I've still locked myself away from the kids. Sigh. I wish I didn't need to do that.

Guess I need to face the music sooner or later. At least I'll be calmer when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment