Monday, January 11, 2016

I don't know why you say goodbye

Monday (really Sunday night), 01/11/16, 12:37am

I have a little bit of insomnia again tonight. I don't know what it is with me and Sunday nights. Well I did have coffee today after taking a week's break from it. But it was half decaf. And I only had one cup in the morning. And a cup in the afternoon. I don't remember how far into the afternoon it was though. And I had decaf tea this evening. But then I stayed up late, watching episodes of Gilmore Girls while Nasser played video games downstairs.

And now I'm feeling wide awake. Wide. Awake.

Hopefully I won't be for long though. I took some melatonin (which I've never actually done before) and I'm hoping that works for me in a little bit.

It might be working actually. Can't. Seem. To Focus. My. Thoughts.

..........................

Monday, 01/11/16, 9:16am

Not sure when I actually fell asleep but I know I was still tossing and turning after I couldn't focus my thoughts anymore. Not a good way to start my day.

It's going to be ok though. I can do this. I can get through my busy day today (my friend who we have plans with this afternoon is helping out!!) and the rest of this week too.

Nasser leaves for San Diego tomorrow morning. That totally sucks. Then we have friends coming into town for the weekend for a planned ski trip. Which is great. But it means there's a lot I have to do this week. I'm trying to juggle the logistics of the trip, I have to do a bunch of grocery shopping still. Oh and I added to my list yesterday that I need to learn how to make granola. Because I got it in my head that I need to make granola as a snack for the ski days. Nasser luckily saw that on my list and changed it to buy granola from the store. Because why am I trying to make my life harder for myself???

..........................

Monday, 01/11/16, 4:08pm

One thing I don't like about picking RG from the bus every afternoon is finding ourselves in spontaneous afternoon playdates. Oftentimes I don't feel like doing one, either hosting or letting RG go to one. Sometimes I stretch my excuses, RG has to do homework, TK is extra grumpy today. I don't lie; if I really don't have an excuse, however lame, I usually will do the playdate. Especially if RG really wants to. But sometimes he doesn't. And I have to cover for my introverted child.

Today I didn't really have an excuse. And I didn't really mind. So I agreed. Here I am with 3 boys in the house, having light saber battles, car and boat races. It's fine. It's just not what I was expecting this afternoon and not exactly what I wanted to do with my time.

Counting down the minutes to sending the extra boy home. Is 4:30 too early to decide the playdate's over; we need to prep for dinner (crockpot tacos? doesn't need much prep besides gathering fixings)?

..........................

Monday, 01/11/16, 7:47pm

Nasser is still reading to RG and then we're rapidly moving towards the stress of the next two weeks. Ugh. He flies out early tomorrow morning. Early early. I have to handle all the morning routine after he leaves and attempt to get RG on the bus (but I've got the expectation that he won't make the bus at all while Nasser is gone).

It'll be OK. I can do this. This whole two weeks in a row of travel is just psyching me out. Although Nasser's boss asked him today about an India trip at the beginning of February. Ugh. Too much travel.

It'll be OK. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment