Thursday, December 3, 2015

my purpose

Thursday, 12/03/15, 9:35am

I read an interview this morning about mental illness where a question was asked about how we should eradicate the stigma around it. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michaela-haas/a-revolutionary-step-forw_b_8282184.html). The interviewee, Sheila Hamilton, says "If more people shared their stories of illness and eventual recovery, it would have a profound effect on those who are suffering in silence. If every person in America who was living well with mental illness came out of the shadows, it would be a revolutionary step forward."

I was thinking about that line and had the realization that 1. I can do that!! and 2. Wait, I am doing that with my blog!

I've found another major purpose in life.

I don't believe that everyone has one major purpose or destiny in life. I think it's more like we find various purposes throughout our lives, sometimes they change and grow, sometimes others become obsolete. 

As I'm sure you've noticed, my blog posts have become longer and more frequent over the past week. I've literally become obsessed with my blog. I've had to stop myself from writing 2 posts in one day because that's probably too frequent. :) Again, thank you, blog for continually helping me, and now for giving me a lovely purpose in my stay at home with the kids gig that's not related solely to my kids.

We'll keep today's post short and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment