Tuesday, December 29, 2015

and we lived beneath the waves in our yellow submarine

Tuesday, 12/29/15, 7:32pm

I am sick. Head cold, borderline flu, whatever it is, it's been awhile since I've had one of these. It's bad enough I was whining this morning at breakfast in anticipation of the activities we had planned for the day, including seeing the new Star Wars movie, eating lunch at a restaurant (I call that an "activity" because eating out with the kids at a new place tends to be a challenge... and it was), and getting haircuts for the boys (also a challenge because RG hates them). Bad enough I've taken Advil twice today with little success (perhaps I should go for Dayquil tomorrow). Bad enough I needed a nap after said activities.

It's not that horrible and really I have no right to complain, but... I hate being sick. :(

I think it's hitting Nasser more this evening as well; he had to lay down in bed due to some nausea.

And the kids... seem totally healthy???

So yeah, the kids got a lot of video game time this afternoon... again. They've been getting a lot of it this holiday break, Nasser and I have each gotten a good amount of me time. And we've still done other stuff. Yesterday was a ski day for RG and me (him in snowboarding lessons, me getting personal ski time, woopee!!). Nasser and TK played a lot of games around the house, went for a walk in the snow.

The last few days have been... nice.

I love having all of us at home. I love getting down time. I love getting some productive time. I love getting some quality family time.

It's going to be a bit of a crush to all of us when life goes back to normal next week. Maybe by then we'll be ready for it. For now, I'm trying to savor the time we're getting. Despite being sick. Ugh.

No more for now. Things have mostly been going well, just hiccups every so often if I feel like we're not being productive enough, or anxiety over the stuff we're trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment