Tuesday, March 22, 2016

and you know, we're on the road to paradise. here we go, here we go.

Tuesday, 03/22/16, 6:47, 8:25pm

I am overdue to blog. I've felt it. 3 days went by with no blogging. I've been a little bit stressed, and quite busy, and I just haven't taken the time when I have had down time. When I started my post, I typed the date, thinking, wow, I hadn't really had a clue what the date was today. That's when I realized I really needed to blog. Just thinking about the day, the date, and the time, as I begin every blog post, I become slightly more mindful and reflective and grounded. It's a practice I'm really glad I started. I wanted my blog to feel a little bit like a journal in that way. Hah, even though I share it with others, it still feels like my personal journal in a lot of ways still.

We've had a lot of time with family and friends in the last 4 days. It's been really wonderful, but I'm glad that tomorrow is mostly just our little family. We need that time to be with just us to recharge. Maybe we are all a bit introverted.

We do have quite a bit more of family/friend time coming up with a trip to the mountains, Crested Butte specifically. There are lots of mountain ski towns- Steamboat Springs, Breckenridge, Frisco, Vail/Beaver Creek, Aspen, Telluride- and they're all quite different. I certainly haven't spent much time in all of them, but Crested Butte seems particularly unique. It feels a little less crowded (although I haven't been there in several years, that may have changed) than the other ski areas, a little more relaxed. I liked it there in the past. I'm excited to be bringing my husband and kids there; they all have never been.

We drive to Crested Butte tomorrow, it's a 4.5 hour drive, but with kids, that'll likely take a bit longer. And it's supposed to snow (it's been 70s the last couple days). There's a blizzard warning starting at 6am tomorrow so it doesn't matter much when we leave. Oi. This drive might be a lot longer than I was thinking. Remember to pack lots of car activity options.

I decided I had to skip choir tonight. I was feeling rather stressed about the number of things I still needed to do before leaving tomorrow. Plus I haven't worked out or showered yet today. Not sure either is going to happen even with skipping choir. And here I am blogging instead of getting packed, or folding the last load of laundry, or writing a note for the awesome gal checking on our kitty and the hermit crabs we are pet-sitting for our friends, or. . . . . stop. I am blogging to ground myself. Not to make a list of what I still need to do.

I am blogging to ground myself. I like it.

I've said before that blogging is my therapy. But here I am, yet again, reveling in that awesome power of the blog. Hah.

I do feel terrible about missing choir, but I needed to for my sanity tonight. We are allowed 2 absences each semester, which is tough sometimes to stay under. This was my second, so here I am banking on not needing any absences for the next month and a half. Since I've already missed one this semester. Which at the moment I am totally blanking why I missed. Probably a Nasser travel night. Or a depressed night.

Well I do feel remarkably grounded now, but itching to get moving on my to-do list. So farewell, dear blog, likely until Crested Butte. Need to schedule time to blog in Crested Butte. Add to to-do list. Sigh. I never stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment