Wednesday, March 9, 2016

so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain

Wednesday, 03/09/16, 1:27pm

Things are improving, although I still don't feel quite back to normal/recovery/better/whatever. Run with friends this morning helped, hanging out with my sister a bunch this morning helped, choir last night actually helped too. Sleep helped. Figuring out some needed childcare this week for parent/teacher conference and therapy appointment helped.

I hate having depressive episodes. They suck. I think it's probably hard for anyone to understand who hasn't gone through it (or similar) or watched someone else go through it. I certainly didn't understand much about depression prior to its manifestation in me. During an episode, everything feels like the end of the world, you feel totally incapable at handling the troubles in your life, every trouble seems bigger and worse, and even when you think you're on the mend, little things trigger it back again.

I still feel weak, emotionally, and I still feel on edge. Like anything could push me down the hole again.

But I'm trying to take care of myself. Trying to do things that will prevent that relapse, and trying to use the support I have available.

I don't feel up to blogging more right now, but maybe more later. Thank you to those out there who've been worried since I shared about my episode yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment