Saturday, March 5, 2016

slow down, you move too fast

Saturday, 03/05/16, 8:44am

I am grumpy today. I wish I wasn't.

We actually just had a wonderful couple of days. Thursday afternoon, I dropped the boys off with my parents, and Nasser and I headed up to Breckenridge with some of his co-workers. Yesterday was the annual work ski day for Nasser which I was finally joining for the first time. It was really great.

But.

Late morning yesterday, after several fast, adrenaline pumping runs, I wanted to get a little faster. And I did. But at 45mph, I got outta control and took a fall. I'm really lucky, all things considered, that I didn't get seriously injured. And of course, this was in a wide open area with no trees. My skis popped off pretty quickly but then I slid on the left side of my body until coming to a stop.

My leg has a nasty bruise on the underside, above my knee, but the painful area is a bit larger even than the bruise. Sitting with that leg resting on a chair hurts. My left arm is also not feeling good. It hurts to fully straighten the elbow, and my upper arm feels like it took a strong beating on the fall.

I don't think there's anything really serious wrong, but I'm going to be paying a lot of attention to the elbow and maybe going in to get it x-rayed this week, if needed. This morning I was all excited to have planned a run with some fellow runner friends in the area, but I had to back out because of the pain.

I'm grumpy because I didn't run. I'm grumpy because of the pain. I'm grumpy that I was so stupid to have pushed the speed yesterday. I'm grumpy that I can't sleep on either side. I'm grumpy that I'm grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment