Thursday, February 4, 2016

I wish I was with them again

Thursday, 02/04/16, 10:06am (10:36pm in Hyderabad, India)

Nasser and I will be doing video chat in just a few minutes but I thought I'd take the time waiting to start my blog. I'm actually also in the middle of a workout but I'll get back to that after the video chat. Such is life when I gotta take the calls to India every chance I get.

This morning is my aunt's funeral. I sent flowers yesterday on behalf of my siblings and I. Made me feel slightly better even though I can't be there. This is the first blood aunt or uncle to die in my family. This aunt's ex-husband (my uncle by marriage) died of cancer while I was in college. And my aunt (wife of my Dad's brother) died of cancer (yeah, cancer again, what the hell?) 5 years ago. My grandparents have all passed now. But I don't like these cancer odds, for one, and I don't like all this hitting of my parents' generation. It sucks.

I think more recently, mental illness has taken the priority over as my "cause" in life. But cancer comes as a close second and has for a long time. I have too many friends who have lost one or both parents to cancer, way too young. Certain cancers kinda run in my family too, like colon cancer, stomach cancer, potentially ovarian. Ugh, it sucks.

Video chat finished up and I think I actually succeeded at talking to Nasser about most of the things I wanted to. TK was busy on the tablet while I was working out and for part of the video chat so I actually got to talk to him. Yeah, sometimes I gotta put myself first over avoiding screens. That's what I do when I haven't gotten a workout for 2 days, or a shower for that matter. Or when I really need to blog. Sigh.

Shorter post for now. Need to get moving on either finishing up that workout or just getting in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment