Sunday, September 10, 2017

I used to think there is no future left at all

Sunday, 09/10/17, 11:57am, 4:44pm

Did you know that today is World Suicide Prevention Day? There's a decent chance you didn't. It's not as recognized as many other days throughout the year, thanks to mental illness being brushed to the side so often. And thanks to the overwhelming stigma when it comes to mental illness. But that page I linked to is very worth reading, especially if you've ever thought that you have no idea what to do to help someone who might be suicidal. Their theme this year, "Take a minute, change a life" is spot on in my opinion, as someone who has dealt with these feelings at multiple points in her life.

This weekend was... tough for me again. Even though I just had treatment last Wednesday. Although we did some looking through Daylio, the daily app I use to track my mood. It seems, that at least this summer, since I started using the app more regularly, I don't do as well on the weekends, for some reason. We're thinking it's probably most to do with the fact that we have less routine on the weekends, and I probably do better with more routine. So I could probably figure out a way to add more routine into the weekends; I was talking today with my sisters about adding more exercise into my life as well, but that could be an easy routine thing to add to the weekends. Maybe a yoga dvd or the exercise bike, if I'm still under 24/7 supervision requirement and can't leave the house. Although... Nasser found out on Friday from some of the ECT people that we could potentially start relaxing some of the 24/7 stuff. It's not much, but little things, like I could stay in the house by myself while Nasser takes the boys to the park, assuming he thinks I'm doing well enough in that current situation. I still can't drive of course, but this is still a big stuff forward. But the exercise stuff is definitely something I need to think about incorporating into my life more. I've been walking more, mostly with my mom, some with my brother-in-law, but I'm thinking I need to get more in, get closer to the level of activity I was at some time ago. I certainly haven't ran in a long time, there was no possibility of a triathlon this summer, and I'd definitely like to get back to that at some point again. Bike-riding, at some point, would be good, so maybe getting on the exercise bike more regularly right now would be good so that I'm more ready for the real thing when I do go off the 24/7 thing. I know that exercise helps me, a lot, so I just need to work on getting it more into my life again.

So what I haven't mentioned is what the next treatment gap is going to be. The last one was 9 days, and I had wondered about that and thought that we'd have to do less this time around. The doctor noted my bad days, but noted that I had an upswing again, still before treatment, and was pleased to see that. So we decided to schedule 2 possibilities again, but this time 9 days and 12 days, so we've got one scheduled for this coming Friday and one the following Monday. So I may end up skipping a week. But we'll see, of course. I had these not so great 2 days, but this week may be better again.

I hope.

I dunno that I really have anything else to talk about. Short post for today. I'll finish with a picture of Nasser and me on the merry-go-round on Friday night at the amusement park we were at- it was for a private work party for the company my sister, brother, and brother-in-law work at.

No comments:

Post a Comment