Saturday, September 30, 2017

there we'll go again wishing something bolder, trying to push and pull inside this moment, trying to mold this life within our hands

Saturday, 09/30/17, 2:59pm

Hey there, dear blog. Here we are, it's a Saturday- the weekend, and although I had a wonderful morning with a friend (with some exercise), I am feeling a bit of the usual tension/anxiety/only slight depression this time (so far at least). I'm not sure what it is; I am actually getting a decent amount of productivity in. Got the dishwasher unloaded, reloaded, and restarted, got a load of towels washed and now currently in the dryer, with the washer restarted with some clothes. I have a couple sorta minor issues going on... some, uh, physical issues this morning that required a call to the on-call doctor at my gastroenterology place (don't really want to get into those issues with all of you though, heh), but luckily the recommendation is simply to schedule a follow-up come Monday, I accidentally rolled my ankle during the walk this morning with my friend, so that kinda sucked and cut our walk shorter, and unfortunately the ankle is still a little bothersome. I had some anxiety last night and this morning, enough so that I ended up with some nightmares last night. And I have some things to work on before the end of tomorrow regarding all my plans for next week.

See, I have to tell you all something. I had a big appointment on Thursday, with my ECT doctor, Nasser came of course, and the big news is: I am allowed to go off the 24/7 supervision requirement (!!!!!!). To me, this is a HUGE deal. I have been on 24/7 since mid-June, so about 3.5 MONTHS. That is... well... kinda a lot. I still have to be on 24/7 for treatment days, of course, and really, we are going to ease out of this rather slowly. Because as excited as I am, we want to be sure we do this carefully. I am allowed to drive again, but they recommend the first 3-4 drives be with Nasser, and I'd say, potentially even more than that. I'm definitely of the opinion that I'm going to be taking it super slow when it comes to driving with the kids, so I figure I'll be getting a lot of solo drives in before I start driving them around. But I'm allowed to bike by myself again, I'm allowed to take the bus by myself. I've been pretty stoked about this for the last few days, haha. Yesterday, I took it fairly easy. I still went to hang out with my brother-in-law for a good portion of the day while he was working from home. I ended up doing a walk/run/walk from their house, entirely by myself, which I was pretty excited about. Here's me from that run, with some fall colors in the background, plus some pumpkins growing out of someone's yard that I saw on my cool-down walk back.



My brother-in-law brought me home a good hour and a half before the kids' bus, so I definitely had a big chunk of time at home by myself. That was so incredible, I was even excited that I could get a load of laundry in. I spent a decent portion of time on the couch, relaxing, and I gave BuddyCat some much needed attention.



So I ended up sharing my last blog post on facebook, along with a little explanation of how much better I'm doing. And then yesterday, I shared about going off 24/7. I don't feel like I've shared so much about my treatment and how I'm doing on facebook, at least in awhile, but it ended up making me feel pretty good. I have my issues with facebook, for sure, but it is a nice way to be able to share big news with a lot of people. And I think this week I really got a better sense, for myself, of how much better I am doing, so it was nice to share about that, and get a rather nice bit of response from people I know. I feel stupid sometimes about it, but it does make me feel a little better, to be honest. And I'm sure that's true for a lot of people, so probably not something to feel stupid about, but rather normal.

Yesterday, while I was at my brother-in-law's house (well, really sister and brother-in-law's house of course, but lately since I've been hanging out with just him there during the days using him as my 24/7 person, I've been referring to it as just his house) I ended up drafting up a bit of a schedule for next week. I don't know if I've mentioned in any other posts, but since Nasser had to go back to work, like a month and a half ago - ish (?), he's been writing up a very detailed schedule for the week to email out to all the involved 24/7 people. He would always email it out Sunday to make sure that everything worked for everyone. So now, I'm trying to come up with the schedule mostly on my own, taking on some of that independence I've been looking forward to. I'm still going to get plenty of help from Nasser to finalize everything, but I really need to do this since I still need to get plenty of people time during the week, I still need plenty of rides until I'm actually driving myself and until I feel comfortable driving the kids, and I still need 24/7 support on treatment days, like I said before. The other thing is, I think I need to have a reasonable schedule for the routine aspect of things. Like I probably need more of for the weekend, like I've said in the past. Unfortunately creating this schedule for next week, while being a good thing, did, possibly, cause some of the anxiety I've been feeling. Sigh.

Let's be done here for today, and I'll finish with some of the amazing pictures from the time I spent this morning with my friend. There was this crazy fog over Boulder that we had a great view of, and we both couldn't get enough pictures of it. :)


I think this next one is my favorite: with the lake + fog + foothills + some snow on the further peaks.

It's fall!!!!

...with some variety in colors!



We had brunch at this awesome restaurant that provides blankets for their outdoor seating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment