Saturday, April 16, 2016

oh the weather outside is frightful

Saturday, 04/16/16, 11:37am, 1:00pm

Do you remember my puzzle? It's taken me a really long time, but I finally finished. Here's the progression:

11/07/15                                              12/01/15

04/12/16                                     04/13/16

04/14/16

04/16/16

I obviously took a big hiatus from the puzzle for a few months. Once I got back into it, I remembered all my metaphors between puzzles and life, and I felt accomplishment with each final piece. And since it took me over FIVE months to complete, it's a nice longer term accomplishment. Yeah, I gotta find the little things sometimes when I don't have a paying job.

Today is mostly a chill in the house kind of day. It was supposed to be my BrenĂ© Brown workshop day, but it got cancelled due to the impending weather. Rain, into snow, although the rain lasted a lot longer than expected, at least by us. The forecast was so bad that several airlines cancelled all flights in and out of Denver for today. My mother-in-law came into town on Thursday and was supposed to fly home tonight but now she's not really sure when she can get out of here. The boys are ecstatic, but Grandma needs to be back to leave for a road trip with Grandpoo Larry for some marathons he's got next week. (It's pretty cool, my mother-in-law and step father-in-law run marathons. They are rather active grandparents). 

Hah, I just sang the song "You need to find your lo-ooong pants" (to the tune of Auld Lang Syne) to my children and it worked beautifully. They ran upstairs to find long pants. 

Nevermind. It worked on RG, but not on TK. 

We have to leave the house for a friend's birthday party, who also lives in our neighborhood. Considering the weather, this is amazingly convenient. I am hoping we walk over, although the snow is blowing pretty hard right now. I usually take every excuse not to drive. If I can walk, or bike, I try to do it. I've definitely done several grocery trips on the weekend with just a bike and a backpack. 

Things have been ok lately. Just normal ups and downs. I've been working my way through BrenĂ© Brown's Rising Strong still, and that causes some additional ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment