Monday, April 11, 2016

all I really want is some comfort

Monday, 04/11/16, 10:40am

There are a number of things I should be doing right now, but I've decided what I need most is to blog.

The weather reflects my mood today, rainy and gloomy. It's a day where I really just want to be lazy at home, but I won't get that until later this afternoon. I'm at my sister's house right now; we were supposed to switch off running/cycling, but I decided I didn't want to bike in this weather. That decision means I need to do something on my own later in order to get a workout in. And I really should get a workout in, considering my mood. I am volunteering in RG's class around lunchtime so that is also keeping us out of the house today.

I started reading Rising Strong by BrenĂ© Brown, kinda the follow up book to Daring Greatly (remember my obsession with that book awhile back? If you never watched her TED talks, now's another reminder to do so). I'm actually doing a workshop with her (and lots of other participants) this Saturday. The focus is more on Rising Strong than her other books, so really, I should try to finish it. That's one of those items on my task list, that list of things I should be doing right now, other than blogging.

I think that Rising Strong will be good for me. The tagline on the front cover says "If we are brave enough, often enough, we will fall. This is a book about what it takes to get back up." Sounds pretty useful to me, considering how often I fall.

I feel like I'm on the verge of falling today. Trying to do everything possible, except that original plan for exercise, to avoid it. I'm going to limit my expectations today though. Accomplish the things I'm feeling stressed about, the things I was committed to, and maybe some extra reading wherever possible. I already removed the expectation that I finish this book before the workshop when I signed up for it in the first place, but it feels like I'm subconsciously resetting that expectation this week.

The sun is coming out now. Maybe I will try to allow the metaphor to the weather to continue, and let the sun wash over the stress I'm feeling. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment