Tuesday, April 19, 2016

la la how the life goes on

Tuesday, 04/19/16, 3:07pm

I've been wanting to blog yesterday and today but just haven't gotten much time to do it. Yesterday was our 8 year wedding anniversary, which was nice and mostly relaxing. We took dinner really fun though by cooking stirfry, TOGETHER! We don't usually get to cook together. Although I should recognize that Nasser did most of the actual cooking. I did some of the veggie prep work, cleaning up, etc. So I guess I was the sous chef. Anyway, we managed to do all this without a babysitter. With the help of some tv though. But it was so worth it. I had forgotten how much I enjoy cooking with my husband. I do so much cooking for the family on my own that it's not really fun anymore. Cooking together made it fun again.


I've been getting runs in regularly lately, with the help of my sister, Audra. We've actually been helping eachother get runs in. She's been training for a half marathon, and is supposed to get 5 runs in a week, by her training plan. So I get together with her most of those days and we either run together or switch off running while the other watches our younger boys (this is typically during the school day while our older boys are at school). She's been helping me get longer distances in on the weekends, and I'm up to just over 8.5mi now. We'll be doing a 9mi run on Friday, which is going to be my last long run before the 10miler I'm signed up for on Mother's Day. I'm so excited that it feels like I'm going to reach this goal, and it's going to be my longest distance ever. Although really, every long run lately has been my longest distance ever which has made the training really fun.

I've recently determined, through the help of being so much more introspective in writing my blog, that my mood changes with my menstrual cycle. I talked most recently, rather passionately, about it here. Last month, I'm not sure I mentioned it in the blog at all, but if I look at the dates, I had depressive episodes at both the beginning and end of my period. Yeah, to me, that's not good. And I realized that maybe there was something I could do about it.

I started with a new OB/GYN today, and was thoroughly impressed with her. I explained all my woes about periods and the monthly mood swings and what we're already doing for my depression, and she's going to start me on a low dosage hormone birth control pill (assuming it's all fine with my psychiatrist first) that's meant to regulate the hormones throughout the month. I really hope that it works and my dear readers, you will be along for the ride since I find the blog important for my data collection. :)

I started a new puzzle yesterday, because I was already itching for it later the same day I finished the last one. I like the process of starting a new puzzle, just like with any project. I'm sure I may fall out of interest with it for awhile again, but hopefully it doesn't take me another 5 months to finish this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment