Friday, August 5, 2016

o wise and beautiful tree... tell me your story in the garden

Friday, 08/05/16, 12:53pm

Soon after Adam died, we were gifted a tree, a Magnolia tree, to plant in memory of him from some dear friends of mine from college.


We are so touched by the gift.

The thing is we didn't plant it before we started our hectic summer of travels. Honestly, a few weeks ago, I thought we had killed it, and I was devastated. The leaves had all turned brown and fell off and we called it a goner.

But then it came alive again. It got new leaves and buds formed.

Last weekend we started digging a hole.

Yesterday the boys and I finished the hole...


 and Nasser and I planted it in the rain last night.





We've got our instructions for watering it, etc, and it is Nasser's and my goal to help this tree "take root and thrive" as the card said.

I feel so honored to have this tree in my yard and to call it Adam's. To the kids, we've been referring to it all summer as "Amu Adam's tree". And that's what it will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment