Monday, March 6, 2017

I'm on a roll this time, I feel my luck could change... we are standing on the edge

Monday, 03/06/17, 3:04pm, 4:41pm

So. Since I wrote last Tuesday, things have seemed to take a little turn for the better. I spoke with the technician on Wednesday about her comments Tuesday; she actually clarified and corrected several things, pulling out a clinical study to reference in the process. It was good. I spoke again with the doctor on Thursday about some of the long term efficacy stuff, and I do feel a bit better and more hopeful again overall.

The other thing that happened last Wednesday was we re-checked my motor threshold. Do you remember how I had that appointment before starting treatment? The one where they found the spot on my head, and intensity required, to twitch my right thumb? Well, the technician re-checked it before treatment on Wednesday, and it was slightly different than it had been. Slightly different location, and lower intensity. Apparently this isn't that strange to get a different motor threshold than the first time, since the brain, after receiving some TMS treatment, can become more easily stimulated, more responsive.

Well, so after we had this new motor threshold, we tried out the new location based on the new spot, and WOW. That first time had essentially no facial twitching whatsoever, which was a first. I could talk through treatment. Plus, the lower intensity for motor threshold equates to a lower treatment intensity as well. Now since then, we've increased the intensity to get closer to target and had to make minor adjustments, but in general, it's been going so much better. I think that's relieved a lot of my anxiety around the treatment, but it's made a bit difference in my overall mood.

This post is going to be short, because I'm starting to feel enough of the mom guilt that I'm blogging right now, after my kids have come home from school. Before I go, a few recent photos are worth sharing.

Last Friday, after school, I was well enough to play a game of Carcassonne with the boys.


And Nasser has been doing so much with the kids while I haven't been doing so great. Including, directing a volcano experiment (involving papier-mâché), and supervising snap circuits.



No comments:

Post a Comment